Managing School With Diabetes
- How and when to use those supplies
- How they can help ensure your child’s safety at school
- Advocating for your child to administration if there is no support available
- New carb:insulin ratios
- Basal rates if you are pumping
- Insulin doses if you are injecting to match the new school schedule
- After-school activities.
All of these things must be considered in the context of the activity and with their coaches.
If your child rides the bus, what to you do?
How do you manage school parties and those dreaded carb loads?
Depending on their age, how do you get them to become more independent in managing their diabetes at school?
If they are not independent yet, how do you manage play dates and activities?
All this and more… plus any anxiety or stress your child might have, and probably more for the parents of diabetic children.